our Development strategy
This part of the development process is often ignored or undertaken in an unstructured way leading to missed opportunities. We have a different approach. Cliff Cole has been developing residential and commercial projects for over 25 years in London, Essex and around the World.
So what is our development strategy?
- Check the viability in the context of the site and the financial position of the developing party
- Investigate various forms of funding
- Consider various forms of investment such as Joint Ventures, Syndicates, single investor
- Agree the amount of control the partners require
- Consider the final form of the development; will it be for sale or to let
- Consider how the project will be funded
- Decide whether the project should be a single construction, phased development or a single development with phased hand-over.
- Decide the programme
- Decide the vehicle for the development and will it be a one off, trading or a ring-fenced series of projects
- Establish the exit strategy or strategies
- Consider the tax and VAT implications
- Agree a legal format for the various parties
- Spend time on the financials and cash flows, they are the life blood of the project
- Examine contingency plans